Sunday, August 1, 2010

Family Reunions


This is my PaPa and Nannie, my Daddy's Mom and Dad. Some of my fondest and funniest memories of childhood of those made at family reunions.  This past weekend we gathered for another reunion of PaPa and Nannie's family.  My Dad, his two brothers and little sister were all there.  Most in their 70s, they still pick on each other, laugh at the pranks they played, and the guys still play a mean game of horseshoes.

I can remember all the crazy things that have happened through the years.  Dysfunctional family? You could say that I guess.  But you know what???  As the years have passed, the family ties have become stronger, the hugs longer, and the love stronger.

To all of Nannie and PaPa's family... thanks for the memories!
Let's keep the tradition alive!

Lori

I love this poster by Mary Englebreit.  
You can find more of her items at her website
“If you ever start feeling like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional 
family in the world, all you have to do is go to a state fair. 
Because five minutes at the fair, you'll be going, 'you know, we're alright. 
We are dang near royalty.”    

Jeff Foxworthy



No comments: