So... now I'm on the hunt for the look that fits our style and will allow us to use what we have for the most part.
|I've never been the frilly crystal type but I think I'd like to use a crystal chandelier - perhaps with black shades.|
|This dining table and chairs are very close to ours. I like this room - especially the blue walls, chandelier and rug. But I want something unique. Traditional... but different. Does that make sense?|
So on the hunt to find a way to keep within our budget (little to nothing!) and create a great look....
|I am LOVING these chairs!|
|This Davis Cabinet China Cabinet is available at one of my favorite shops. It's a GREAT piece and waiting for me to bring it home.|
SO... Here's the proposed "To Do" List.
- Remove the armoire in the corner (currently holding china!)
- Paint the small piece to match the China Cabinet.
- Buy the china cabinet
- Order the Chandelier
- Have the chairs painted to match and recover the seat cushions
- Paint the walls - I'm thinking about something like Sherwin Williams "Silvermist" which is a muted gray/blue/green.
- Switch out the formal draperies for something less formal but still floor to ceiling.
- Replace the light fixture with a chandelier that I actually like. Nothing picked out yet.
- Find a light rug to go under the table.
- Post pictures to The Alligator Box so you can see the finished product!
- Move on to the next room!
I'd love to have your input and suggestions!
Thanks for stopping by!