Sunday, February 23, 2014

Loving Black & Tan!

I've always heard people talk about drinking a "Black and Tan" and was never interested in trying one.  But I saw a buffet painted using black on a portion of the piece and the rest left the natural wood.  I loved it!  And I just happened to have a piece that was a perfect candidate for a "Black and Tan" transformation.

This is a very old piece but has been well cared for throughout the years.  The finish inside the drawers was not done as well so I painted the drawer sides and inside the the black paint.   I posted it on my FaceBook page and got tons of comments.  I ended up selling it because I didn't really have a good place to put it when we moved.  I just wanted to share in the event that it gave someone else an idea.  

Wishing you all the best!
Lori





4 comments:

Unknown said...

What type of paint did you use? Flat? Satin? Semi gloss? We have a dresser that I would like to do like this. Yours is beautiful!

yamakaigler said...

Iron Titanium Art | Art - Titsanium-Art
Iron Titanium titanium fishing pliers Art citizen titanium watch by Titsanium-Art. ridge titanium wallet The Iron Titsanium Art is a new and improved 3D art titanium color created by Titsanium Art for the Sega winnerwell titanium stove Mega Drive / Genesis.

tathus said...

kt661 kedscanada,supergahungary,guess çanta,cotopaxiireland,melissacanada,cotopaxi fleece,cotopaxiuk,filaperu,outdoorresearchnz ae049

Arlene's said...

I just Love black and tan. I recently refinished a nightstand myself.