Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mental Health Break!



Sometime Moms need time away to get their act together.  Last week was that time for me.  Wednesday was a tough day and I awoke Thursday knowing  I needed to get away.  I spent that day and Friday in a nearby town looking for treasures.  I found several  - but more on those later.  By Saturday, my sweet husband was ready to run away too so I got online and found a bed and breakfast in Granville, TN,  a town just north of his favorite fly fishing spot and was thrilled to find that a room was available.  The innkeeper, Rick Phipps, was kind enough to make us reservations for dinner.

I made my way through Watertown, TN, stopping in the historic little town square and meeting some GREAT shopkeepers.  Jim, Joyce and the kind lady at Roomer Has It.    Then on to my destination, Beechwood Hill Blue Bed and Breakfast in Historic Granville, TN.  Rick and his wife Kay had told me to come in the side door and make myself at home.  I took a look outside and found I was not alone. The sweetest little face greeted me.

Their two month old Basset Hound, Kiley, was very excited to see me!
Mike showed up from fishing at around 3:00 and toured the house. We stayed in the Victorian Room which was beautiful and had the most comfortable mattress! (Always a plus!)



Dinner Reservations were for 5:00 at Sutton General Store. We only had 1 block to walk.  Granville is NOT a big town!  Community volunteers serve a country cooking, all-you-care-to-eat family style dinner with meat, 3 vegetables, bread, salad, homemade desserts and drinks.  After dinner, we gathered in the store for a live bluegrass concert. 


After dinner and a show we walked down to the Cordell Hull River and found a porch swing, right at the shore line.  As the sun set, we watch the newly hatched shad chase the bugs an top of the water and the bass jump trying to eat the shad!  That makes it dinner and TWO shows for the evening!



  

We returned to Beech Hill Blue - our cozy retreat and curled up on the big overstuffed couch and watched a little television until the big treat of our day.  The arrival of Rick and Kay!  What a sweet couple!
They were recently married and bought the house and opened the bed and breakfast.  
Rick was asked to be the pastor of the Historic Methodist church - the only church in Granville. We shared stories and Rick gave us some encouragement we needed and many things to think about.  We left the following morning after a hearty and delicious breakfast!


If you ever need a get-away we highly recommend Granville and the Beech Hill Blue Bed  and Breakfast
!!  Tell Rick and Kay and that I sent you!

Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

No comments: