Thursday, May 20, 2010

Screened Porch Staging

A Realtor recently asked me to stage a screened porch of a beautiful lake house. It had white wicker furniture and some neat features but she wanted it to be a little more inviting. As always, my goal is to spend as little as possible to create the most dynamic room that will appeal to a buyer. Here is the "before" shot. Note the driftwood pterodactyl flying by the chain on the far end of the room! Quite a find but not exactly what we wanted in the room.


Here's the AFTER shot. I was tempted to cover the chair cushions but instead, I just built on the green and rose color palette. I found the rose and green pillows at Goodwill for $1 or so each. The tablecloth is actually a Shabby Chic drapery panel I found for $1. The mirror came out of a house I recently staged. (see the photo below for the original version) I simply primed it with Kilz spray paint and then gave it a coat of ivory.


The porch AFTER shot. And below you'll see the initial version of the mirror.



I added a simple tablescape using green, pink and white dishes.



And then sat in the rocker and enjoyed the view for a while! Did I mention the gardens?
Take a look!




2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Looks great! Want to come stage mine? :)

Mom2boys said...

Sure! Wait! Maybe I should ask where you are?? LOL Thanks for being my very first "follower!" Very exciting!