Friday, August 20, 2010

Should I be sad or thrilled?

I love pottery!

The ability for a person to take mud and make a plate, mug, bowl or pitcher is amazing.  
It is also neat to be able to use these works of art in our everyday life.  

To find a beautiful piece of pottery in a thrift store or garage sale always brings mixed feelings.  
I think how sad the potter would be to see his work had been donated as an  unwanted item.  


"Yet, O Lord, you are our father.  
We are the clay, you are the potter, 
we are all the work of your hand."

Isiah 64:8 

How many times are people, the work of God's hand set aside and unwanted because someone can't appreciate their usefulness and unique beauty?


Just look at the careful detail of this beautiful pitcher!  
Carefully crafted with special details.


I'm so thankful that the potter of my life is with me wherever I go.  
He loves me even if I am an broken, chipped, or cracked!










So want to know what I paid for these priceless items?  
Bowls and plate... $1.60 each.  
The pitcher... $6.60
And though I don't need them... 
I HAD to adopt three hand thrown mugs for 40 cents each!





Love a potter!
(I know one that loves you!)

Thanks for dropping in!
Lori

1 comment:

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

I took a pottery class...trust me ...throwing pottery is a skill...one that I didn't catch on to with one series of classes...plus the glazing is more additional steps...appreciate...you got the deal of a lifetime!!!