Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bathroom transformation progress!



You've seen lots of photos of other people's homes on my blog.  I don't always time to work on my own home but I have spent a little time on our bathroom.  Wanna see??? Let's start with the "before" photo.  I took this picture when we were looking at the house.
Not bad. Right?  The problem was that I'm not exactly a "brown" person.  Getting up each morning and showering and getting ready for the day in a sea of brown was kind of a downer for me.



Very simple changes.    I love this color.  It's Sherwin Williams "Silvermist."   It's relaxing and bright, and it looks great with the black counter and the wood floor and cabinets.

I found this mirror in a thrift shop over two years ago.  In fact, it's probably one of my first thrift store purchases!  I think I paid $12 for it.   I loved the shape and architectural detail.  I was not crazy about the gold finish so it's been sitting in storage waiting for it's moment in the sun.   I painted it with brushed nickel spray paint to match the light fixtures and hardware and I LOVE it!  It's the dramatic piece I needed.

I found this Champagne bucket at Goodwill a couple weeks ago for $3.50.  I cleaned it up a bit but it's still a bit tarnished.  I've decided I like it that way!  It adds character!  It's handy for our washcloth supply!  I also considered putting a houseplant in it.  Maybe one day!
   



I love the smell of this lotion.  It's the aromatherapy "icing" on  the cake !
 Now on to another room!    Thanks for stopping by!!


Linking to "Wow Us Wednesdays!" at Savvy Southern Style.  Check it out!

Lori


5 comments:

Carmella said...

such a pretty bathroom...I am in love with the wall color!

Jena @ Involving Color and Home said...

Lori, your bathroom looks beautiful! Silvermist was the perfect color choice. I'd love to add this to my paint color galleries. You wouldn't have to do a thing, just let me know if you're interested!

Unknown said...

This is a really helpful blog. You have some great ideas. I like all your designs specially vanity designs.
Rubi Tile Cutter

Unknown said...

Hi,
I love the Silver Mist. Did you use Satin or Semi-gloss?
Thanks,
Kim

Lori BIshop said...

Hi Kim! I actually used the matte. If you use Sherwin Williams paint and paint two coats of matte, it has an almost velvety finish. Maybe not the best for a bathroom but I love it.