Thursday, June 23, 2011

Planning a weekend with my BFF!



 

The boys have been out of town all week and my sweet hubby just left for a fishing weekend.  Perfect time for a girlfriend visit with Holley.  IF she can make it!  She sent a text earlier asking if I had made plans.  She should know... I ALWAYS have plans.  When I asked her what she'd like to do she said "Shop.  A little peace and quiet.  Maybe a craft project of something.  Let's create something inspirational!"   So...


Shopping... mmm...so many choices for treasure hunting!  Garage sales are looking good this weekend and I've never been to the  Nashville Flea Market.  It's said to be among the top ten flea   

Nashville Flea Market - the place to show & sellmarkets in the country. Dealers and vendors from 30 states and 1300+ booths with a huge variety of gifts, antiques, collectibles, jewelry, arts and crafts, tools, house wares, handmade clothing, and more.

Of course, we can always try our regular stops at 


Or perhaps we'll check out the antique stores! 


Maybe an estate sale???  

And then.... PEACE & QUIET!

I have the perfect place for that.  My porch!  




We can sit in the "sky chairs" and listen to the birds.  If it rains this weekend, we'll get to enjoy the sound of the stream running behind the house.  The last time Holley visited, we put a twin bed on the porch to nap on.  Maybe she was planning to come back for a little R&R???  She IS the planner! 

A craft project...
Certainly something I am well equipped for!  Choices are:
Painting


Jewelry Making

I found this bench project at Lowe's Creative Ideas.  
We could make one for each of us!  Maybe?  
Sounds like work and neither of us likes to sweat! 

Another project from the Lowes Creative Ideas website.  I don't think we'd make the box but it would be fun to fill  one with notes of encouragement and trinkets that celebrate our friendship.  Since we live close to four hours apart now, it would be great to have something like this on those rough days when we are calling
1-800- GOD- HELP!
(a personal joke we share - not too hard to figure out!)



If Holley can't make it, I'm sure I'll
pout stay busy.  I have a project I thought I'd take on to surprise the guys when they get home.  They know I'll do something so why disappoint??
I'll share that one later.  Just in case they are reading!  

Everyone have a great weekend!  Give your best girlfriend a call and if you can spend some time together, take advantage of the moment and find something fun to do!

Have a great weekend!
Lori


No comments: