Saturday, July 3, 2010

Chair, Chair, Candelabra!

This weekend's projects included a few chairs and other fun items!  The chair below is one of three I picked up at "Then and Again" consignment shop here in Hendersonville, TN.  The chairs had obviously been stored in someone's barn or under a house.  Nasty! 


After lots of cleaning, sanding and quite a bit of work on the seat, the chair was painted cherry red and the seat covered with a black and white zebra print.  Pretty sassy little chair!!

I found another chair this morning at Goodwill for $10.  I thought the shape and details were nice but the seat was really, really dirty and stained. 

Our bedroom linens are a beautiful yellow floral so I decided to go with yellow on this one.  I found a great spray paint that is a buttery yellow ($6.50) and I found the fabric sample at Goodwill for $1.50.  Total material costs for this makeover $18.00.  I'll keep this one for awhile!


The first Saturday of the month at our Goodwill means everything is 50% off!  Besides the chair above, I found the heavy brass candelabra below for $1.50. 

A little satin nickel spray paint later and...

2 comments:

Designing Lady Jane said...

Wow, very nice job on them all. I really liked the lines on the top chair, what a bold choice to go with the red and zebra print seat. I wasn't terribly impressed with the second, but then I saw it in the yellow paint. Fantastic! It's just gorgeous now. Congratulations on your great finds and amazing creations.

Unknown said...

I love your chair makeovers! I'm on the lookout for some chairs myself, so these are really inspiring!