Saturday, October 22, 2011

Finally... the monster table is complete...



Maybe I shouldn't say "monster" in a title this close to Halloween.  Perhaps "monsterous" would be a better choice.  This thing was a real booger to get done.  I found it at the Habitat ReStore.  I had been needing dining tables and chairs for staging and this set was a more modern set than the others I have. Here's what it looked like before...
The beast!  You can see the chairs in the background.  They had a tan, dirty upholstery.  Pretty blah.

Great detail!  Simple and bold.

The finish was much rougher than I had thought.  I got a workout sanding it!
 And now.... the big reveal....





I really like this graphic fabric.  It goes very well with the detail on the table.

Well that is about it.  After hour months we'll finally have this piece out of the garage.  A good thing since frost will be on the pumpkins soon!  And I can pull my car in the garage!!



Don't you just love fall?  Crackling fires, hot cider,  crisp fall air....

Enjoy my blogland friends!

Lori

No comments: