Monday, June 14, 2010

The little pine cabinet

I found this little pine cabinet at an antique shop this weekend in a 50% off booth.  It was a little rough to start with.  I was so excited about getting started on it that I didn't make a good before picture!
The pictures below should give you an idea of what it looked like before!

 

 

I used some old wallpaper that looks like vintage newspaper to line the shelves and the new back panel.  The hardware was a hodge podge of various knobs and pulls so I bought some new hardware that I thought would look nice.  



 

After painting the piece I distressed it a bit and rubbed it with a tinted paste wax.  
I also painted the interior doors with chalk board paint.  Why not!?  I had some and it's just one more way to make this piece a little more practical.

I'm not sure I want to get rid of it now that I have it sitting in the living room!  I kinda like it!!

I picked up the little thread cabinet below at Goodwill a few weeks ago for $5.  It had a bad white paint job and the drawers were missing but I plan to put a piece of wood in the bottom and finding a basket just the right size.  Where to put it... now THAT is a good question! 




I hope you'll check back and see my other transformations and other projects.  Be sure to say hello, leave your blog info and add yourself as a follower on my site.

Make it a GREAT day!
Lori

No comments: