Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sometimes you just have to brag...

I'm usually looking for home decor and furniture when I go pickin' but today as I was about to leave Samaritan Center ( a local thrift shop), I decided to walk down an aisle that I usually skip.  This time I spotted something that looked leather...


It was a duffle bag. After a quick inspection I noted that it was like new.  No signs of use.  It was a Rawling leather duffle bag.  Yep... Rawlings, as in Rawlings baseball glove company.  So I bought it.  For.... $19.99.  Here's what is looks like.

I looked it up online. It's hard to find one in stock but when you do...


A little blurry but the price... $559.99.  It's cheaper on Orvis.com.  Only $525!!  
My husband was very excited.  Not about the deal... about keeping it.  After a brief discussion, I convinced him that we were not in need of another piece of luggage!  It's on E-Bay as we speak!   Let's see what happens!   Treasure sales proceeds would be great justification for some new draperies for my bedroom.

NOW... if I could just stumble on a sofa or chair made out of this leather for a good price... now THAT will be a SUPER DOOPER brag day!

AN UPDATE!  It sold for $490!!!


Thanks for stopping by!!
Lori

2 comments:

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

You found a great deal. Hope you make a profit on resale.

Lori BIshop said...

So far so good. First bid... $299! And five days to go!