Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Creative solution to a Realtor's challenge

One of the Realtors that I do a lot of work for called today with a challenge.  She has a house with two rooms that she needed to label so home buyers wouldn't miss them.  A small half bath in a hallway and a laundry room off the kitchen.  She didn't want to leave the doors open so she asked if I could come up with a cute little sign for each door.  What do you think?
I made both signs on 5 x 7 canvas.  I printed the text and surrounding graphics and used Matte Medium to attach it to the canvas.  The border is actually the border of a napkin.  I added it using the Matte Medium and wrapped in around the back.

I cut a piece of gold thick paper a little smaller than the canvas and glued the ribbon in between the  two pieces.  I will tie a small wire loop on the back of the bow that will allow her to hang it on the door.  They are so light that they can be hung by removable hooks.
I took the photos while they were still drying.  The bows should lay properly when installed on the doors.

Lots going on here!  Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to post more soon!  Thanks for stopping by!

Lori


Linking to:

Savvy Southern Style
Savvy Southern Style


No comments: