Saturday, December 25, 2010

I'm dreaming of a dreamy master bedroom!

I took the photo of the master bedroom in our new home when we were looking at the house.  The furnishings are the prior owners.
There is another window near the foot of the bed on the wall to the right.  
I've bought a few new pieces of furniture for our bedroom.  One is the bed below.
A four poster bed which is actually a platform bed with storage.  I took this picture at the shop where I purchased it and it's now in storage.  I can hardly wait to see it all put together!!
So... the look I'm going for...mmmm
So many great choices!

Thanks to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for these gorgeous shots of The Southern Living Idea House in Senoia, Georgia
Thanks to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for these gorgeous shots of The Southern Living Idea House in Senoia, Georgia

OK... REALLY like this!  You can't see it the photos of our room but there is a brick wall opposite the bed.  A seating area with great art may be nice there.  And the secretary... I've been searching for one forever!
Go check out more photos of this house on Susan's blog.


I've been thinking about striped walls.  Is our bedroom the place to do that?  It looks nice here.


I love this room.  I can see crawling into this bed every night.   What is the draw?  Pillows? Dresser by the bed with the tassel?  Canopy?  Perhaps all of the above!


I love the black bed.  I'm tempted to paint the one we bought.  I think it would be beautiful.  Of course the wood is beautiful too and will go nicely with the other pieces I have planned in the room.  
Another example of black bedroom furniture.  Maybe I should paint it all???  Tempting.... :-) 




No comments: