Sunday, January 22, 2012

A tassel's worth the hassle!



I love blogland!  So many beautiful homes, so many creative projects, so many great journeys to take without leaving the comfort of my living room.  However... my FAVORITE thing about blogland would have to be the gracious bloggers who share their ideas and encourage the rest of us to try new things.  One of those people is Lyndsey Ballard at Living with Lyndsey!  


Look at her beautiful work  in one of two posts she has on tassels.  
Thanks Lyndsey!  So... here are my first attempts.  Not as professionally executed as Lyndsey's but I like them.  


First up... Mary Englebreit's "Life... Get one!"  I love Mary Englebreit's work and had this little figurine.  I glued some wood pieces together and painted them for her base.  The tassel is just a combination of random ribbon I had on hand.  
 



Next up... Browns and Blues...







I'm working on a few more.  It's addicting!  Tassels are a great way to add a little color and texture to a space.  I hang them on lamps, furniture knobs, bedposts.... just about anywhere I need a little extra!


A little funny...I was looking for a clever title to this post and saw an article titled "Do tassels and motherhood mix?"  I'm thinking that they are referring to a different type tassel!   As the mom of two burly college boys, this type tassel is probably much more likely to mix with motherhood in my world!


Have a great week ladies (and gents!)  I'm glad you stopped in!
Lori

1 comment:

Tanna said...

Your tassels turned out great, Lori! I especially like the Mary Englebreit one!! blessings ~ tanna